With your company’s corporate year end approaching, Makes Cents would like to assist you in putting together the documents that we will require in order to prepare your Financial Statements and Corporate Tax Return in an efficient and effective manner. Please review the following information and feel free to call if you have any questions regarding this list.
If Makes Cents completes your bookkeeping throughout the year please have the following ready within one month of the company’s year-end date:
The final batch of receipts, invoices and bank statements for the company so that we can finish the bookkeeping for the year
If Makes Cents completes your bookkeeping on a yearly basis please have the following ready within 3 weeks of the company’s year-end date:
- All receipts,
- All invoices, and
- All bank statements for the year so that all bookkeeping can be brought up to date
- Please provide this within 3 weeks of your year end to ensure that the bookkeeping will be completed with adequate time to prepare the financial statements and tax return before the Canada Revenue Agency’s deadline.
If your company does its own bookkeeping please have the following ready within six weeks of the company’s year-end date:
- Memory stick containing your bookkeeping records for the year, and any passwords required to access the information.
- Last bank statement for the year and bank reconciliation.
- Copies of your insurance policies for the year
- List of capital assets as well as any receipts for assets that have been bought or sold during the year
- List of your inventory (if applicable) that you counted at year end – please indicate the date at which the inventory was counted
- An accounts receivable listing at year end – please indicate any amounts you feel may not be collectible
- An accounts payable listing at year end
- Copies of GST Returns for the year
- Copies of any loan documents or lease agreements
For ALL companies:
- Please indicate if there has been a change in the shareholders of the company including percentage ownership of each person and SIN’s for each person who owns more than 10%.
- Copy of last years’ tax return if this is your first year with Makes Cents
- Certificate of incorporation if you have not already provided one to Makes Cents
- Subsequent bank statement so we can check if the outstanding cheques or deposits have cleared
- A copy of the Statement of Source Deductions for your company’s year-end that you would have paid in the subsequent month.
- Federal and Alberta Notices of Assessment you have received during the year or any new assessments for prior taxation years
- Home office expenses – If your company has a home based office please record the square footage used for business purposes as well as total square footage of the home.
- Mileage amounts that have not yet been recorded in the company’s bookkeeping for personally owned vehicles that are used for business purposes. Please give only business use portion.
At Makes Cents we guarantee that we will have your financial statements and tax returns completed before the Canada Revenue Agency’s deadline for tax payments and filing, if all applicable records are received by the timelines indicated above.
Call 780-966-6022 or email us at Info(Replace this parenthesis with the @ sign)MakesCentsAccounting.ca to make an appointment to bring in your year-end records and Annual Return form.
It is a pleasure to be of service to you. We look forward to our continuing relationship with you in helping to bring your business to the next level of success because… it Makes Cents (and watching the pennies lets the dollars watch themselves).